The PostgreSQL Database Administration course allows participants to learn essential skills and information related to PostgreSQL Administration tasks such as: the architecture of PostgreSQL , configuration, installation, monitoring, maintenance, moving data, backup and recovery. This PostgreSQL training imparts core database administration skills to students so that they can successfully fulfill their responsibilities as a PostgreSQL DBA. It provides a strong foundation for advanced learning tracks and a rewarding career as a Database Administrator of PostgreSQL.
What are the objectives of PostgreSQL Course?
- Introduction to PostgreSQL.
- System Architecture of PostgreSQL.
- Installation and configuration.
- Create and manage databases.
- Introduction to PgAdmin.
- Security fundamentals.
- Point in time recovery.
- Backup and recovery.
- Using Data Dictionary.
- Routine Maintenance.
- Troubleshooting and Diagnosis.
What are the Prerequisites of PostgreSQL Course?
- Complete beginners who wish to make a career in database administration can also apply for this training.
Certification of PostgreSQL
- PostgreSQL Database Administration certification.
PostgreSQL Course Outline
- Installing & managing PostgreSQL
- Overview of PostgreSQL database
- Using the psql client
- Understanding PostgreSQL data types
- Numeric data types
- Integer data types
- Floating point types
- Serial types
- Character types
- Binary data types
- Date & time values
- Boolean values
- Array types
- Other data types
- Numeric data types
- Understanding sequences
- Creating & managing indexes
- Understanding PostgreSQL indexes
- Partial indexes
- Indexes on expressions
- Using COPY to load data
- Working with Array Values
- Advanced SQL Functions
- Using Common Table Expressions (CTE)
- Using Window Functions
- Using Regular Expressions
- Using Recursive Queries
- Writing triggers & stored procedures with PL/pgSQL
- Variables in procedures
- Performing loop operations
- The PERFORM and EXECUTE statements
- Triggers in PostgreSQL
- Using the PostgreSQL query optimizer
- Analyzing & optimizing queries
- Viewing execution plans with EXPLAIN
- Understanding PostgreSQL query operators
- Improving query performance