LoadRunner software allows you to prevent application performance problems by detecting bottlenecks before a new system or upgrade is deployed. The testing solution LoadRunner enables you to test rich Internet applications, Web 2.0 technologies, ERP and CRM applications, and legacy applications. It gives you a picture of end-to-end system performance before going live so that you can verify that new or upgraded applications meet performance requirements. And it reduces hardware and software costs by accurately predicting application scalability and capacity.
LoadRunner is a Performance Testing Tool wherein one can identify the performance behavior of the application. LoadRunner can simulate thousands of users concurrently using application software, recording and later analyzing the performance of key components of the application. LoadRunner simulates user activity by generating messages between application components or by simulating interactions with the user interface such as key presses or mouse movements. The messages/interactions to be generated are stored in scripts.
Using LoadRunner the requirement of human resources is reduced instead we can you Virtual users. These Vusers behaves exactly the same as real users.
It gives the accurate picture of end to end system performance.
Usage of LoadRunner reduces the hardware requirements.
Even though thousands of Vusers were used it is easy to control them using Loadrunner controller.
Important Usage of LoadRunner is previously recorded test data can be viewed as a graph or report or according to how you want to view the performance.
The key components of LoadRunner are:
VuGen (Virtual User Generator) for generating and editing scripts.
Controller which controls launches and sequences instances of Load Generator – specifying which script to use, for how long. During runs the Controller receives real-time monitoring data and displays status.
Analysis assembles logs from various load generators and formats reports for visualization of run result data and data.
The course is appropriate for both Novice and Experienced Software Engineers under the following category:
- Software developers
- Test Engineers
- Quality Assurance Specialists
- Project / Test Managers
- Project / Test Leads
Participants are expected to have basic knowledge on software testing.
The key components of Load Runner are:
- VuGen (Virtual User Generator) for generating and editing scripts.
- Controller which controls launches and sequences instances of Load Generator – specifying which script to use, for how long. During runs the Controller receives real-time monitoring data and displays status.
- Analysis assembles logs from various load generators and formats reports for visualization of run result data and data.
Why LoadRunner for Performance Testing?
LoadRunner is best leading tool in the IT industry for the performance Testing. Performance testing consists of two categories – Load and stress testing. Load testing is nothing but identifying and analyzing the maximum capacity on which a system can withstand, for example, any web server, DB servers etc.
LoadRunner also focus on the time taken for executing completing on each scenario as a transaction. Stress testing is used to identify the breaking point of any application by applying maximum load.
Which performance testing tool is better, LoadRunner or JMeter?
As you might be aware that today most of the product owners are worried about performance of their applications which has raised a bar for performance testing teams in software companies. Selecting better tool for performance testing of your application is most important task & requires lots of planning and analysis. Now coming to the topic in discussion, selection of Loadrunner or Jmeter will depend upon your circumstances and application testing requirements.
LoadRunner is a performance testing tool used to check if the application handles the load during the peak time
What are the prerequisites of LoadRunner Course?
- Knowledge in computers and understanding about software language.
Certification of LoadRunner
- Loadrunner Certification.
LoadRunner Course Outline
INTRODUCTION TO LOAD TESTING
- Advantages and Necessity of Load testing
- Load testing process and scenario definitions
- How to create an effective Scenario’s
- Load Runner installation and Settings
- Explanation of Load runner Architecture
- Pre-conditions(H/w and S/w) needed for installing loadrunner
- Steps to install load runner components
- Differences between Script and Scenario
HOW TO PERFORM RUNTIME SETTINGS USING LOAD TESTING TARGETS
- Introduction to Scenario’s and Scenario planning
- Decide the measurable target of your load testing
- Gather and organise information before load testing your application
- Plan the load testing with the help of collected information
- Elements in Load Runner
STEPS TO CREATE A SCENARIO
- Load Runner Features:
- Introduction to Vuser,Controller and Analyser
- How to work with Tree and script view
- Playback in Load runners
- How to work with transactions in HP Load runner
- Correlation –manual and Automatic correlation
- Checkpoint and parameterization in loadrunner
- Preparation of running scenarios
- Identify the various techniques to running a scenario
HOW TO SCEDULE SCENARIOS USING LOAD RUNNER
- Explanation of scheduling that can be performed by Scenario and Group
- Configuration of starting time of scenario
- Realtime scheduling and run until complete schedule
- How to use the Action grid for managing the schedule
- Using Scenario interactive graph for managing schedules
- Explanation of performance monitors
- Selection of performance monitors
- Add measurements for performance based targets
- Explanation of analyzing the reports after load test execution
- Practice with graphs to display data